Average cognitive improvements in school children after
experiencing the Sleep School - Schools’ Programme:
focus & attention
problem solving ability
School's Sleep Education Programme
Inspiring school children about the importance of sleep
- The impact of good and poor quality sleep on mental, emotional and physical performance
- The role of good quality sleep for good health and well-being
- Advice on how much sleep is needed for each age group
- Understanding sleep regulation such as sleep stages, cycles and timing
- Helpful and unhelpful bedtime routines
- Guided exercises to help calm a racing mind and manage anxieties
- How to wake up feeling refreshed, energised and happy
Key StagesWe engage:
- Key Stage 2 - Health Awareness
- Key Stage 4 - GCSE Pressure
- Key Stage 5 - A Level Pressure
PHSE IntegrationOur sessions fit into the 2017 PHSE Syllabus under:"Healthy Balanced Lifestyle"
Dr. Guy Meadows
Guy is a co-founder of The Sleep School and our schoolsal Director
Dr. Claire Durant
Claire is a neuro-pharmacologist passionate about educating on the importance of sleep.
- Book a Presentation
In January 2017, we worked with the BBC Panorama team to investigate the impact that sleep education could have on school childrens’ cognitive performance.
The Sleep School Schools’ programme helped Honley High School, Holmfirth students increase total sleep time by 1.5 hours and decrease daytime sleepiness levels by 38%.
Watch the show to see the full results.